Sunday, September 14, 2014

Summer

Summer is almost over, thank goodness. If anyone decides to come and visit us don't do it in between late may and early September because its ridiculously hot and I don't mean the sexy way. It should cool off in a week or two and I can't wait. South Carolina and Utah are kind of opposites. In Utah you don't go out in the winter unless you ski/snowboard, in South Carolina you don't go out in the summer unless you go to the beach. The heat/humidity combo is exhausting.

Jake has started his 2nd year of his Phd (4th year here). We're trying to get out and do more (on a budget of course). We went kayaking last week and I'm taking a couple of cake decorating courses. Next week we are going to the Scottish Games and Highlands Festival, so excited!

Kayaking
 
 Chocolate cake with a cookie butter frosting of my own
creation - not going to lie, I'm pretty proud...

Anyway, there have been a lot of big changes for Roman over the past month. He started crawling a week before he turned 9 months, and after that he has just flourished. I can't believe the changes in his personality and abilities. In the weeks since he has learned to crawl he also has learned to pull up and walk around things, he thinks it's funny to go places he's not supposed to be just so I'll chase him, and he's much more vocal about everything, just to name a few changes. My favorite change has to be how giggly he has gotten. He thinks so many things are funny, especially when he's tired, then everything is funny. :) Here are some of my favorite pictures.

Roman playing the piano with Jake. He loves the piano.
 
Helping with the dishes
 
My cute little superhero. I don't know about you but
I can see a lot of Jake in this picture of Roman.
 

Time lapse. I think that he's looking more and more like Jake.



These videos aren't anything spectacular, they're just so you can see Roman in action. 

Playing the piano with Jake




Flirting with Mom. He gets so excited that he clinches his whole body and it sounds like he's pooping. He's not, he's just so happy he can't contain it in that little body of his.
 
 

Roman laughs at everything.

1 comment:

  1. Aw thanks for sharing! It's good to see little roman! He is so very cute! Your cake looks fabulous! You should make a cake to share next time you come home and show off your skills you are learning :) love ya guys!

    ReplyDelete